“Text any amount to 84321 to give”
If a donor texts $5 and you’ve never set up Text-to-Give, you’ll be asked to set up a payment method. From that point forward, giving will be as simple as sending a text.
You can see this setup process in the video above. It’s easy for donors to set up text to give and although we’re showing all the steps in the list below… give it a try yourself. You’ll see that it feels a lot more quicker than it reads.
- Send an amount (example: $5 or $1.00) to the short code 84321. This is a shared shortcode used by other churches in your area.
- If the number isn’t set up for text-to-give, a setup link will be sent back. Tap the setup link be guided to the next step.
- Select Re:church. A list of churches in the area will be suggested. If your phone number is recognized by Planning Center Giving, the appropriate church will be listed as a “Suggested” organization.
- Enter your email address and, if prompted, your name.
- Enter the payment method you’d like to use for text-to-give. If you’re already a donor and you’ve added a payment method before (say, a bank account for ACH or a credit card) then you can optionally log in to access your saved payment methods.
- Complete your initial setup donation. The initial donation, in most cases, will go to the default fund (usually the “General” fund). However, donations can be directed to more specific funds using keywords like missions or SMILE.